Monday, April 19, 2010

Reflection #3

Over the weekend, I had a feeling that writing our actual papers/rough drafts was going to be the next step that we took with our eight-page research paper. I was feeling pretty motivated, I guess, so I started to write my paper. I am shocked that it actually isn’t as bad as I was dreading. My creativity appeared to be really on the rise because I was able to open up my paper with a story, that is completely my own. From there I began with Wicca’s history and explained how this guy, Gardner, is believed to be “the one” who first started a certain “type” of Wicca. He had his own type of practice and one of his practices or realizations was the Wiccan Rede. He had apparently come up with the shortened version, but I was able to find a really long, rhyming poem that wicca.org appeared to really appreciate. I decided to include the poem in my paper and was happily surprised that it takes up a lot of room. I definitely believe that the poem was a wise decision. I think that I have decided to either mention or slightly give an idea about the other main leaders practices of Wicca. Apparently Witches are supposed to make Wicca there individual religion, but it sounds like they get ideas from other Witches and covens. It’s all so interesting to me but yet still everything seems very vague. I’m not sure if it’s because each of the Witches practice Wicca individually or if people are afraid to write and show that they know about Wicca or may even practice Wicca but everything I’ve found seems to be just giving me an idea of what is going on without really telling me the details.

No comments:

Post a Comment